At Kleinheinz Dentistry, we’re very proud to offer the “latest and greatest” dental technology available. This month, we thought we’d expound upon the digital technology that makes our office so state-of-the-art! Our digital technology makes treatment faster, more comfortable, and more precise!
- Digital x-rays allow for the smallest amount of radiation possible. X-ray technology has improved so much over the years, that you receive more radiation from taking a flight on a airplane than you do from our check-up x-rays! (Eating a banana gives you the same amount of radiation as taking a dental x-ray!)
- Conebeam CT allows us to take a 3-D image of your head to help plan for dental implants, find hidden root canals, or discover hidden pathology.
- Intra-oral cameras are pen-sized cameras that take pictures of your teeth. They let us show patients a clear picture of cavities, fractures, and tartar that are otherwise unseen.
CAD/CAM (computer-assisted design, computer-assisted manufacture):
- The CEREC milling unit allows us to create SAME DAY CROWNS. This means no temporary crowns, fewer appointments, and less anesthetic. The CEREC machine mills a crown out of a block of ceramic within 15 minutes!
- Our Primescan allows us to take a digital impression of your teeth for everything from nightguards, crowns, Invisalign, retainers, etc. This means no more gooey impressions!!
- Gum health measurements are recorded by the hygienists who use Bluetooth headsets. This provides the most accurate, quick records for monitoring your gum health.
- Root canals are performed with a Bluetooth file that directly records information about your procedure into the iPad chart.
Digital technology is a huge part of our practice. We’re proud of our ability to reduce your number of appointments, maintain the highest level of cleanliness, and provide the greatest precision available. Come and see for yourself, we love giving office tours to our patients! Give us a call at 704-542-6003 for more information.